|PM’s Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (STIAC) and sequence of Gene
- India is planning a major mission to sequence the genes of a “large” group of Indians — akin to projects in the United Kingdom, China, Japan and Australia — and use this to improve health as well as buck a global trend of designing ‘personalised medicine.’
- This was among the key decisions taken at the 1st Prime Minister’s Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (STIAC) in its first meeting on Tuesday.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Department of Biotechnology would be closely associated with the project.
- Ever since the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research in 2009 announced that it had sequenced the genome of an Indian, then making India one of six countries to achieve such a feat, several research labs have analysed genes from Indians for disease susceptibility.
|Prompt Corrective Action
- The PCA framework of the RBI is about imposing certain restrictions on expansion of branches and dividend distribution by banks that are financially weak as reflected in parameters like non-performing asset ratio and return on assets.
|SRiX Agri Business Academy
- SRiX Agri-Business Academy, India’s first agri and food business online learning platform, at SR Innovation Exchange (SRiX) Campus, Warangal.
- SRiX Agri-Business Academy is an Indo-UK collaborative initiative.
- SRiX is a technology business incubator under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. It is focussed on start-ups of agriculture, cleantech and IoT.
- Start-ups from all over the country are showing interest to incubate in SRiX. Sarras Academies Ltd, a UK-based company, and SR Innovation Exchange have joined hands to launch the Academy.