|The Seoul Peace Prize
- It was instituted in 1990 to commemorate the success of the 24th Olympic Games held in Seoul.
- The award was instituted to crystalise Korean people’s yearning for peace on the Korean peninsula and in the rest of the world.
- PRIME MINISTER Narendra Modi has been conferred with the Seoul Peace Prize for 2018 for his contribution to international cooperation and fostering global economic growth.
|Section 4B of the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act
- It assures the Director of a two-year tenure and makes it clear that he cannot be transferred except by the high-power committee — comprising the Prime Minister, the Leader of the Opposition and the Chief Justice of India — that appointed him.
- Under which the United States National Security Agency (NSA) collected data from internet communications, was revealed by Edward Snowden in June 2013. The scale of the programme was staggering.
- Leaked documents showed the very close involvement of US technology companies like Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Facebook and Apple in the programme.
- According to the documents, the NSA was collecting data directly from the servers of US service providers.
- Windows is an outstanding system but is a closed-source software owned by a company that is bound by US laws and historically tied to the American intelligence community.
- And India is a prime target for American spying; in the overall list of countries targeted by PRISM, India stood at the fifth place.
|Bharat Operating System Solutions (BOSS)
- BOSS is an indigenously developed open-source system by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, an R&D organisation of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.