- World’s longest traveling raptors.
- In October every year, huge numbers of Amur falcon arrive in northeast India from Siberia en route to their final destination – Somalia, Kenya and South Africa.
- These birds have one of the longest migration routes of all, doing up to 20000 km a year.
|Multidimensional Poverty Index
- A MPI value of 1 indicate the Highest deprivation level, while 0 indicate the lowest.
- MPI is calculated by living standards, education and health.
- Living standards include fuel (cooking), sanitation, water (drinking), electricity, housing and assets weight 1/18 each. Education include year of schooling and school attendance carrying weight 1/16 each. Health include child mortality and nutrition carrying weight 1/16 each.
- FANUC industrial area, which specialises in automation.
- FANUC corporation, one of the largest makers of industrial robots in the world.
- Verghese Kurien, the father of the White Revolution, joined the cooperative as a general manager and set up the first processing plant at Anand to convert excess buffalo milk into milk powder and cheese — a technological wonder at that time.
- “Operation Flood” – a new institution, the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), was formed on July 16, 1965, with Kurien as its chairman. Kurien spearheaded the operation by compressing the value chain and scaling-up vertical coordination between farmers, processors and consumers through cooperatives.
- India is now the world’s largest milk producer — 176.4 MMT in 2017-18, leaving the US (98 MMT) and China (45 MMT) far behind.
- It is a naturally secreted hormone that is also used as a drug.
- It is chemically synthesised and sold by pharmaceutical companies across the world, and used as a drug during childbirth because it can contract the uterus and induce delivery, control bleeding, and promote the release of breast milk.