|Train 18, the NextGen Shatabdi
- It is a locomotive to pull the coaches — it is a self-propelled, semi-high-speed trainset that will soon replace the box cars of the inter-city Shatabdis.
- It can reach a maximum speed of 160 km per hour. The train can both accelerate and pull to a stop rapidly, thereby consuming much less energy.
- About 80% of the design, technology and manufacture of Train 18, a predecessor to ‘Train 20’, is Indian.
- The coaches in the fully air-conditioned train are linked with advanced bridge plates, leaving the train free of the shaky gangways Indian train travellers are used to.
|The Global Wealth Report
- It is released by Credit Suisse, provides estimate of wealthy Indians.
- Adenovirus are the viruses that populate the lining of the airway, intestine, eyes or urinary tract. They can cause colds, pneumonia, gastrointestinal illness, conjunctivitis and urinary infection.
- While it is generally agreed that deaths from adenovirus are rare, they pose a greater risk to people with weak immune system, such as the children at the new jersey facility.
|The Lokpal Act, 2013
- It modified the procedure for the selection of director CBI.
- It prescribed that he shall be appointed on the recommendation of a committee comprising the Prime Minister, Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha and Chief Justice of India or a judge of the Supreme Court nominated by him.