Date :- 12thSeptember
India’s first missile tracking ship
- Built for the National Technical Research Organisation, the technical intelligence agency working directly under the supervision of the Prime Minister’s Office and the National Security Adviser.
- “Topmost secret project”, costing about b9750 crore. It will be named after its induction into the Indian Navy. For now, it is simply referred as VC 11184.
- First of its kind ocean surveillance ship being built as part of the efforts to strengthen the country’s strategic weapons programme.
- “This would put India in the elite of club of a few countries that have such a sophisticated ocean surveillance ship.”
- It has the capacity to carry 300-strong crew with hi-tech gadgets and communication equipment, powered by two diesel engines, and a large deck capable of helicopter landing.
- This refers to a market where there are no barriers to the entry and exit of firms.
- This makes it hard for existing firms in the market to consistently earn high profits as new firms can freely enter the market and compete against them.
Mathematics Training and Talent Search
- One of the programmes in India devoted to training students of mathematics and identifying and nurturing talent is the Mathematics Training and Talent Search, which was started 25 years ago, in 1993.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has made it mandatory for corporates to meet 25% of their financing needs from the bond market, a nudge from the insurance and pension regulators could bring in more investors and liquidity in the bond market.
- Developing the bond market will require a concerted effort from regulators across segments such as insurance and pension funds apart from the SEBI.
The draft Personal Data Protection Bill
- The Draft Personal Data Protection Bill prepared by the Justice Srikrishna Committee attempts to address this issue by requiring those who collects data from children to implement mechanism for age verification and parental consent.
Nari Shakti Poraskar
- Highest Civilian Honour for Women in India.
- Open for all individuals and institutions for outstanding work in the areas of economics and social empowerment of women.
- Individual applicant must be at least 25 years of age.
- Institutions must have at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Honouring Women who rise above barriers, ventures into unexplored sectors and make a Lasting contribution to society.
Railway line between Dhaboi and Miyagam in Gujarat
- Asia’s first narrow gauge railway line.
Asset Quality Review
- The AQR was meant to stop the evergreening and concealment of bad loans, and force banks to revive stalled projects.
- This project has not played out as well. As NPAs age, they require more provisioning, so project that have not been revived simply add to the stock of gross NPAs.
- A fair amount of increase in the NPAs may be due to ageing rather than as a result of a fresh lot of NPAs.
- MUDRA loans are offered under the Prime Minister Mudra Yojana or PMMY, launched in 2015 by the NDA government.
- A total of Rs. 6.37 lakh crore has been disbursed under the scheme by public and private sector banks, regional rural banks and micro-finance institutions till date, as per data from the Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency (MUDRA) website.