Date :- 17th September
- Also called as Diamond city of India.
- Surat was the first city in the country to start selling recycled water to industries in 2014.
Convention on Biological Diversity
- India is signatory to the convention on Biological Diversity.
- As four of the 35 biodiversity hotspots are located in India, it is biodiversity rich.
- The world’s biggest storm hit at Southern China.
Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS)
- The MPLADS allots b95 crore per year to each Member of Parliament (MP) to be spent on projects of their choice in their constituency.
- The scheme is funded and administered through the Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI).
- Projects are to be recommended to and implemented by the district-level administration.
- First of its kind International Music Festival held at Uzbek city of Shakhrisabz.
- Maqom, the oriental system of music that is enhanced by string and percussion instruments across Asia, is quite different from the classical Hindustani “Thaat” system, but the Uzbek audience voted with its hands, clapping and cheering for Ustad Iqbal Ahmed Khan and accompanying members of the Dilli (Delhi) gharana.
- Ustad Iqbal Ahmed Khan described his rendition of the Vande Mataram set to the “Tiranga (tricolour) Malhar” raag that he had composed in 2014 as a combination of three other raags — Megh Malhar, Surdasi Malhar and Mian ki Malhar. Mr. Khan also sang Khusro’s famous Sufi kalam “Man kunto Maula”.
- Kudumbashree Model in Kerala started in 1998 by the CPI(M) led government, it was envisioned as a part of the People’s Plan Campaign and local self governance, with women at the centre of it.
- Kudumbashree has three tier structure.
Section 7 of the Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavenger and their Rehabilitation Act, 2013
- Under the provision, no person, local authority or agency should engage or employ people for hazardous cleaning of sewers and septic tanks.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
- PMFBY was launched in 2016 to provide insurance to farmers from all risks.
- Aiming to reduce basis risks and premium burden of the farmers, the scheme’s total expenses today are almost b930,000 crore.
- The scheme is linkage with the ‘Jan Dhan Yojana’ and ‘Digital India’ makes it a truly inclusive and welfare based scheme.