||Date : 25th September
|Articles of Indian Constitution
- Article 13 (2) states that the State shall not make any law which takes away or abridges the rights conferred by this Part and any law made in contravention of this clause shall, to the extent of the contravention, be void.
- Article 123 (3) warns that if an ordinance “makes any provision which Parliament would not under this Constitution be competent to enact, it shall be void.”
- Article 21 states that, no person shall be deprived of his life or personal liberty except according to procedure established by law.
- Article 19 which inter alia allows all citizens “to move freely throughout the territory of India” and “practise any profession, or to carry on any occupation, trade or business.”
- Article 123 empowers the President to promulgate an ordinance only when urgent situations arise during the recess of Parliament.
- Article 123 (2) (a) demands that all ordinances be laid before both Houses of Parliament when Parliament reassembles.
|Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018
- The draft ‘The Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018’ proposes that critical personal data of Indian citizens be processed only in data centres located within the country, while personal data may be transferred outside India.
- However, at least one copy of the data will need to be stored in India.
- Sikkim’s first airport and country’s 100th airport.
- This is Airport Authority of India’s first Greenfield airport in the country.